- Want to thrive in your location, especially native plants;
- Are well-suited to your specific conditions;
- Work together in built communities; and
- Offer the biggest bang for your buck — perennials, trees, and shrubs that require minimal inputs while producing generous and diverse outputs.
WE OFFER THREE DESIGN OPTIONS
- Low Maintenance Edible Landscape Consultation$250A consultation includes a property visit, an extensive plant list selected for you and your property’s needs — divided by sublocations, and a document with specific information and implementation and management tips. The plant list includes all the information you could possibly need to know including (but not limited to) sizes, colors, bloom times, pollination needs, life cycles, ecosystem contributions, edibility, medicinal qualities, and where to purchase. Consultations are $250. Additional travel fees will be incurred if you are over 50 miles from our home base of Sioux Falls, SD. If you are further away and would prefer a distance consult, we’ll have you send lots of photos and videos of your property along with what you are wanting and we can work from there.
- Low Maintenance Edible Landscape Design or Food Forest Design$575When a consultation just won’t do, we also offer design services. Our primary focus is on designs for large installations or public food forests, but we can do a design for anyone. Designs start at $575, although large projects may incur additional costs.
Depending on the size of your project, cost depends on where you get your plants, how big you get them, what kind of mulch you choose, what kind of fencing/trellises, etc you use, if you need to buy equipment. There is always a trade-off between money and time/labor. Also consider whether you’ll want signage, seating, and other parklike features. If the project is a public food forest, we may be able help with finding grant opportunities for you if there is sufficient time.
- First Year Success Package$2,875If you are interested in design and installation of a food forest that will be open to the public on your personal, business, or public property, this is the option for you.
First Year Success Package / Commitment Investment – $2,300
This is to demonstrate commitment and to help get everything started. We believe that the initial investment in quality plants and materials, staff time, and volunteer engagement, are all important in the first year for the long term success of the site.
This package includes and funds staff time on-site and behind the scenes, marketing and coordination, planning and coordination of first year volunteer events, volunteer recruitment and training, assistance with partnership development, and a food forest maintenance plan. We will be on-site to direct and work the install, 1 open house and/or community volunteer day mid summer, and an end of season visit/cleanup where we’d ensure everything is prepped for winter and go over how the season went, challenges and successes, and anything else you would like to discuss.
Design – $575
Designs start at $575. You also have the option of hiring our team for just the first year success package portion at $2,300 if you are already working with another designer.
Plants, hardware, tools, etc. – $2,500 to over $10,000
Cost depends on the size of your project, where you get your plants, how big you get them, what kind of mulch you choose, what kind of fencing/trellises, etc. you use, if you need to buy equipment. There is always a trade-off between money and time/labor. Also consider what kind of signage you’ll want, and whether you’ll want seating and other parklike features.
We may be able help with finding grant opportunities for you if there is sufficient time.
To be determined, only if you are far enough outside of our base area.
We have some expertise and plenty of failures to have learned from. We can guide you towards success, helping you avoid failures.
As a 501c3, we can more easily acquire volunteers, tax-deductible donations, have tax exemption, and grant eligibility.
All the benefits of collaboration – we help each other grow and succeed.