- Want to thrive in your location, especially native plants;
- Are well-suited to your specific conditions;
- Work together in built communities; and
- Offer the biggest bang for your buck — perennials, trees, and shrubs that require minimal inputs while producing generous and diverse outputs.
WE OFFER THREE DESIGN OPTIONS
- Custom Plant List Consultation$250+An edible landscape consultation includes a property visit and compilation of an extensive plant list selected for you and your property’s needs — divided by sublocations, and a document with specific information and implementation and management tips. The plant list includes all the information you could possibly need to know including (but not limited to) sizes, colors, bloom times, pollination needs, life cycles, ecosystem contributions, edibility, medicinal qualities, and where to purchase. Consultations for typical residential properties are $250 plus travel costs. Larger properties such as acreages or corporate campuses will incur additional costs.
- Edible Landscape or Food Forest DesignDesign costs vary depending on the size and scope of the project. We work with designers that can also design features to complement your food forest, such as as ornamental flower gardens, rain gardens, vegetable gardens, paths, hardscaping, mowed turf, and meadows if you desire.
Depending on the size of your project, cost depends on where you get your plants, how big you get them, what kind of mulch you choose, what kind of fencing/trellises, etc you use, if you need to buy equipment. There is always a trade-off between money and time/labor. Also consider whether you’ll want signage, seating, and other parklike features. If the project is a public food forest, we may be able help with finding grant opportunities for you if there is sufficient time.
- First Year Success PackageIf you are interested in design and installation of a food forest that will be open to the public on your personal, business, or public property, this is the option for you. Reach out to us for a custom tailored package and pricing.
Food Forest First Year Success Package
This is to demonstrate commitment and to help get everything started. We believe that the initial investment in quality plants and materials, staff time, and volunteer engagement, are all important in the first year for the long-term success of the site.
This package includes and funds staff time on-site and behind the scenes, marketing and coordination, planning and coordination of first year volunteer events, volunteer recruitment and training, assistance with partnership development, and a food forest maintenance plan. Members of our team will be on site to direct and work the install, 1 open house and/or community volunteer day mid-summer, and an end of season visit/cleanup where we’d ensure everything is prepped for winter and go over how the season went, challenges and successes, and anything else you would like to discuss.
Plants, hardware, tools, etc
Cost depends on the size of your project, where you get your plants, how big you get them, what kind of mulch you choose, what kind of fencing/trellises, etc. you use, if you need to buy equipment. There is always a trade-off between money and time/labor. Also consider what kind of signage you’ll want, and whether you’ll want seating and other parklike features.
We may be able help with finding grant opportunities for you if there is sufficient time.
We have some expertise and plenty of failures to have learned from. We can guide you towards success, helping you avoid failures.
As a 501c3 nonprofit, we can more easily acquire volunteers, tax-deductible donations, and grant eligibility.
All the benefits of collaboration – we help each other grow and succeed!